Friday, February 27, 2009

CATI's Facebook Page

CATI Facebook PageFor those of you who are into Facebook, and those thinking about jumping on the bandwagon, CATI has established a FaceBook page with the very original name of Computer Aided Technology, Inc. That's what happens when a ME from Purdue is in charge of marketing, you get accuracy, but not a lot of flash.

The page contains information and discussion for CATI's customers and others who are interested in SolidWorks, Product Development and Design.
 
I have been a dabbler with Facebook for quite awhile, mostly to monitor my teenagers to make sure they aren't getting into cyber trouble. I have enough gray hairs on my head to make me a bit wary about the concept of telling the world everything about myself, but the benefits of social networking are starting to grow on me.

There is definitely a place for building communities of people that share common interest and can share experience and knowledge. Facebook is a very nice medium for this.

So far, on the site you will find, a feed from this blog where you can comment  and contribute to the discussion, links to interesting content. The page has fans from the CATI and SolidWorks tech groups, SmarTeam and ... my kids. That is the nature of Facebook.

Join in and make sure to tell us what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment